BaS(14. April 2024, 13:00)

Theo-retisch(30. März 2024, 16:05)

Ludi70(26. März 2024, 11:08)

Katja und Ramses

unregistriert

Sonntag, 8. Juli 2007, 22:34

Austauschjahr - Gesuch

Hallo liebe Portaler,

wie einige wissen, war ich im Juni mit Ramses in Finnland. Dort lernte ich auch Leena kennen. Sie sucht für ein Jahr eine Gastfamilie für ihr Austausch-Jahr, das sie in Deutschland durchführen möchte. In dem Austauschjahr 2008-2009 möchte sie ihre Schnauzerhündin Rita, 4 1/2 Jahre alt mitnehmen. Könnt ihr helfen - weitere Infos siehe unten (leider in Englisch) oder bei mir.

Liebe Grüße aus Dresden,
Katja.

Leena und Rita

[hr]

I'm a 16 year old girl Leena from Finland. I'm coming as a YFU (Youth for Understanding) exchange student to Germany for school year 2008-2009. I'm searching for a host family from Germany.

I start the upper secondary school this autumn. I can't speak German yet at all, but will study it little bit before exchange student year. So, I think I can not speak German very well when I'll come there, but I want to learn it. I also want get to know your culture and new people. I live with my parents and I have two standard schnauzers. I have also two big brothers who don't live at home anymore. I spend nearly all my free time with my dogs. I train them to aglity, dogdance and obedience. I have competed in those dogsports. I'm also interested in other dogsports. I sometimes visit dogshows. I like also very much other animals and I go riding sometimes. I'm pretty calm and have sense of humor, I think. You can't be serious with schnauzers.

I would like to go to family who has dog(s) and train it/them. I would also like, if possible, to continue dog training during my year in Germany. Outside school hours it would be nice if I could help you by taking care of your dogs. My dream is that I could take one dog with me to Germany.

In exchance student system students live normal life in their host families home like any member of the family. Exchange students go to local schools and host families pay their normal living and food costs. Students pay all their own hobbies, clothes etc. themselves. Exchange students don't need own rooms and host families don't have to speak English well, it is enough if someone in the family speaks a little English. Host families can have one or two adults and children or no children. YFU Germany interviews families who want to take an exchange student and after the interview they decide if the family is accepted as a host family. YFU invites both host families and exchange students to preparation sessions before and during the year and arranges own support persons to students and families. They will regularly be in contact and help during the year. You can find more information in www.yfu.de, homepage of YFU German.

The dog which I would like to take with me to Germany is a 4,5 years old (now) pepper & salt bitch. She is sterilized. She is my first dog which I got when I was eleven. She is quite energetic and playful, but she doesn't normally play with other dogs, only with people. She likes very much when people cherish her and plays with balls. She is very dominant with other dogs but comes along with them; if she gets to be the boss. She keeps watch and barks when people come. After barking she usually goes to them and begs for scratches. Her favourite hobby is aglity. We are competing in class 2 (1 is the easiest). We also train dogdance and compete in open class. In obedience we have competed few times in novice class (the easiest). She has wrong bite so we don't go to dogshows. We are very eager to try other dogsports, so it doesn't matter what you train with your dog(s).

To get a host family of my own I ought have it in November at the latest (if not, then YFU Germany will search a family for me). But I´m hopeful and believe that with the help of my friends I will find a real "dog"family from Germany. I would love that.

If you got interested and think that you possibly could be a host family for me, please e-mail lettunen@gmail.com . Me and my parent will contact you. After that, in case things go forward, we give your name to YFU Finland and they to YFU Germany, who then contacts you.

Our friends supply this message forward. If you know someone, who could be interested and suitable as a host family, you can send this message to her/him.

Best regards
Leena

Katja und Ramses

unregistriert

Sonntag, 8. Juli 2007, 22:44

Noch ein Bild:

Katja und Ramses

unregistriert

Freitag, 13. Juli 2007, 15:19

***nochmal hochholen***

Hier ist Leenas Homepage:
Für alle Interessierten: ich habe noch keine Rückmeldung, von wann bis wann genau der Austausch stattfindet - sobald ich was genaueres habe, stelle ich es hier hinein!!

http://www.kolumbus.fi/juha.inkila/snautserit
leider nur auf Finnisch

Liebe Grüße,
Katja.

PS: edit: ihre email-Adresse für alle ernsthaft am Austausch Intessierten:
lettunen@gmail.com

Sie spricht sehr gut Englisch.
Ihre Mutter kann auch Deutsch, also könnt ihr auch in Deutsch schreiben!!!

Katja und Ramses

unregistriert

Samstag, 14. Juli 2007, 09:24

GENAUERES:

Leena wird August oder September 2008 nach Deutschland kommen und bis Juli 2009 bleiben. (kleine Änderungen vorbehalten). Ich schicke allen, die sich bisher gemeldet hatten, gesondert noch eine IM zu.

Katja.

Social Bookmarks